Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:31:30 -0500
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ApplixWare installation

Okay,

So I got ApplixWare installed, but I'll be damned if it wants to run.
When I try to run it, here's what it says:

X-Server problem - unable to access fonts
The font path being used is:

    'usr/applix/axfonts/all_pcf'

If this is not appropriate for your display, restart
Applixware specifying '-fp your_font_path' on the
command line.

For further info, see the 'Fonts' section
of the installation notice.
start process: connect: No such file or directory
X-Server problem - unable to access fonts
The font path being used is:

    '/usr/applix/axfonts/all_pcf'

If this is not appropriate for your display, restart
Applixware specifying '-fp your_font_path' on the
command line.

For further info, see the 'Fonts' section
of the installation notice.

I've installed it both as root and as my own user name.  The files are
all there in that path; I just can't figure out why it can't access
them.  The permissions are all set to 755 for the fonts and the
directories.

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - highway@cstone.net - http://www.cstone.net
Engineering Department, Cornerstone Networks, Inc. - 804.817.7000