Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:16:54 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014329814.17e7d9@mired.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SiS 7012 (sound in the SiS 735 chipset motherboards) patches.

I've just submitted a PR to add support for the SiS 7012 used in the
SiS 735 chipset. Based on the discussion around support for the
onboard LAN, I know there are a number of people who have the board,
and might be interested in patches for the onboard sound, so I'm
dropping a note about it here.

The PR is at <URL: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35012 >.
It includes two patches for sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c so it will
recognize and let you use the SiS 7012. The first patch is for
-current, and just adds the changes for that chipset.

The ich driver in -stable doesn't record at all, so I merged a number
of changes from the -current driver trying to get that to work. The
second patch includes both support for the SiS 7012 and changes
from -current, not all of which are required to make recording
work. Recording works so poorly that I would recomend you not bother
with it if you need to record. If you just want to play things back
and be able to use the mixer, it works fine.

	<mike