Date:      25 Oct 1998 21:00:53 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bug of ports distfiles survey(Re: FreeBSD ports: 3 unfetchable distfiles: korean/hanterm-xf86,korean/kaistfonts)

    BF> 	You are listed as the FreeBSD port maintainer for 3 ports
    BF> whose distfiles are not fetchable from their MASTER_SITES.  Could you
    BF> please visit

Hello,

I found the bug of ports distfiles survey system. In case of login
non-anonymous ftp account, if login fails(no user, unmatched
password), it recorded as passed.

e.g. http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/korean.html#netscape3

 Old netscape(3.0 and previous versions) archive is not anonymous
 archive. We should login as 'archive' user(password is `oldies'). Of
 course such operation can be processed by 'fetch'.

 So, this ports should be recorded as failure because no distfiles are
 fetched!

 Some of output from the above page follows:

   ftp://archive.netscape.com/archive/navigator/3.01/unix/
     netscape-v301-export.x86-unknown-bsd.tar.gz:
   skipped: 530 User anonymous unknown. User command failed establishing
   connection to archive.netscape.com (Last OK result Wed Apr 22 8:31:08 1998 )
                                       =======
   Summary 2 files fetchable out of 2

 In fact, no distfiles are fetched.

 (Of course, I sent the send-pr report that fixes this distfiles
 problem of korean/netscape3).

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----
  CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker