Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 2015 08:25:50 +0200
From:      "Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which program produces FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-amd64-*-disc1.iso ?

Hi,

Jan Knepper wrote:
> I am presuming that the question was about the ports code that is downloaded
> and build.

Yes, i hoped for a cheap code review of my libraries and
command line tools written in C.

> I personally think that is more the responsibility of the specific
> port development team...

If i could get contact to that team, i would first ask for update
from 1.3.4 to 1.4.0 (18 months between them). That might already
replace some boring old bugs by interesting new ones.

Actually i stumbled over the makefs problems when making regression
tests with xorriso. libisofs and the Linux kernel showed strange
differences. First i fixed the bugs in libisofs, then i diagnosed
the ones in Linux, and then i reported the remaing problems here.
(One just has to shake the tree hard enough ...)

FreeBSD and NetBSD ISOs are somewhat exotic, viewed from mkisofs
traditions. Nevertheless the most strange ISO i got is a firmware
repair ISO for hard disks. It contains no files but only a boot
image which actually is DOS-on-a-floppy.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas