Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:16:33 +0200
From:      Hasse <hasse@swedehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anybody know how to run Skype for Linux on FreeBSD

Hi everybody.
Anybody know how to run Skype for Linux ?
On my desktop, I'm running 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 and I'm trying to get Skype for
Linux to run.
Description of the program : http://www.skype.com/
Download Linux version : http://www.skype.com/download_linux.html

I have Linux bin installed, but don't know how run any lin-apps. :-)

What I've done this far, is to untar the skype_ver-0_90_0_6.tar.bz2
in /usr/local/etc, for the simplicity, renamed it to skype and tried to run
it with the following command : sh / usr/local/etc/skype/skype and it gives
me the following message :
/usr/local/etc/skype/skype: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

When I try just  / usr/local/etc/skype/skype  I get :
/usr/local/etc/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries:
libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Then I try : locate libqt-mt.so.3 , and I get :
/usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3
/usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.2
/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libqt-mt.so.3.3.1

And I'm trying all this logged in as root.

I know this is a long and stupid post, but ........

TIA
Hasse.