Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      FreeBSD Mafia <fbsdmafia@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make buildworld error for STABLE

I installed 4.1 RELEASE and cvsupped STABLE my sources
and ports collection. When I # make buildworld the
compilation always stops at the same place giving this
error message

eelf_i386.o: In function
`gldelf_i386_open_dynamic_archive':
eelf_i386.o(.text+0xc7b): undefined reference to
`basename'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I cvsupped on another different machine and the same
error occurs at exactly the same place. My previous #
make buildworld (in July 2001) compiled cleanly
without any error messages for both machines.

My questions are:
1. Did I miss out any 'new' steps because I follow the
stpes as described in the handbook.
2. I cvsup from cvsup7.freebsd.org. Are there better
servers or is there something wrong with cvsup7 ? I've
also tried cvsup5.