Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:15:58 +0900 (JST)
From:      chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (Nakata Maho)
To:        gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de
Cc:        chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp, iwaki@bc.niigata-u.ac.jp, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mupad-2.0.0

> > 1. We would want to use scilab, however original archive contains
> > many unnecessary files(even original scilab files and object files!).
> > I judegd unnecessary since it was really Scilab's archive with object,
> > but I don't know which file is important.
>
> Well, I think I don't understand quite what you mean here. What has
> mupad to do with scilab? Do you plan to drop the mupad port and replace
> it with scilab?

No.
Update of mupad contains some new features.
some are: solve linear equation, diagolalization of matrices,
and statistical analysis. Mupad itself do not support such
feature but using scilab.

Archive of mupad contains _entire_ scilab with unnecessary
object files produced when compiling. Even linux version of
mupad contains Solaris version of scilab work directory :-)
try make extract and type
ls <somedir>/mupad/work/packages/scilab/linux/Scilab/
ls <somedir>/mupad/work/packages/scilab/solaris/Scilab/

You know what you mean.
I thought this two directories are removable.

Sincerely,
 Nakata Maho