Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:48:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   those #!@% static routes

I'm trying to add some static routes in rc.conf on a 3.5-stable. I tried
various creative (but with right syntax) ways on command line and
pretty much everything works (the routes added, confirmed by netstat -r).

But no matter how I try, if I try to put it in rc.conf to have it
configured during boot-up, it always result in "Invalid argument" error.

What gives? I checked rc.network and it looked okay to me. The only thing
that would prevent it that I could think of is some sort of pre-requisit
to adding static routes. I've followed the handbook and several web pages
but to no avail...

ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0"
static_routes="route_01 route_02"
route_01="-net 192.168.2.0 192.168.1.1"
route_02="-net 192.168.3.0 192.168.1.1"

------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------
Keyboard stuck error. Press F1 to continue.
Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
  plus court cost.
Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$359.17