Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:12:15 +1200
From:      "Sarton O'Brien" <sobrien@quicksilver.co.nz>
To:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problem with Satellite 2060CDS and Linux

Because this is from a freebsd list I'm assuming you use\want\like
freebsd .. BUT ... if you are willing to change to linux (you seemed to
have mentioned Linux in the subject) or just want info on the 2060CDS
(or pretty much any laptop), go directly to this page

--> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/  (laptops in
general)
-----> http://www.oopdreams.com/toshiba_2060cds/  (2060CDS)

do not pass go, do not collect $200. Make sure to read the WHOLE section
on X, they mention having the same problem but tell how to fix or
temporarily work around it.

Because this was mainly an XFree problem I am betting that it would work
under BSD but I wanted sound and all the bells and whistles! I was not a
linux fan (addmittedly I would use OpenBSD or FreeBSD if either of them
supported my sound card and the creative web cam go) but this page made
my day. I'm using Slackware, primarly because it is supported (somehow)
by the FreeBSD project and also is a BSD derivitive.

One problem I had with Slackware was the pcmcia card ... but as soon as
I got into the bios of my laptop (which I had never known how to do
before I found this page) and changed it to pcic compatible ...
perfect!! apm works perfect ... including suspend, resume and powerdown.
Oh yeah, the internal modem works aswell!

The only thing I regret is maybe having to pull the 'powered by freebsd'
sticker off the windows logo ... or maybe I'll just leave it ;)

Sarton