Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 1996 17:38:05 +0000 ()
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Too Many Files open feeding INN

Dear,

Thanks a lot for the good advice. We changed in June '95 from Linux to
FreeBSD (it is a relieve) and use bash instead of csh...
I read somewhere that one can limit the open files per process in the
INN-FAQ using csh.

Of course the solution you propose is a lot more intelligent.

The scripts accompagnying the INN 1.4 binaries (ported to FreeBSD), were
written for bash, it took us some time to master the problem. Does
someone have these scripts for csh?

We are still running FreeBSD 2.0.5, and I didn't find sysparams.h, but I
will go througt the compilation-docs again and I'm sure we will be able to
fix the problem the way you propose.

Thanks a lot for your good advice, and keep the good things going.
Daniel Verhoeven