Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:31:56 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nick's semi-periodic hardware support prize -- take 2

I am proud to announce the winners of the US$100 prize. As you may have
noticed, I committed a driver today that allows one to make a
/dev/jogdial and read jogdial/button events from it. While the driver is
embryonic in many ways, it is sufficiently functional for the awarding
of the prize.

I have decided to award the prize to Andrew Tridge and Ian Dowse. The
former for his page at http://samba.org/picturebook/ which has some
sample code (for Linux) that illustrates how to talk to the device, and
the latter for a piece of demonstration code that works entirely in
userland that he e-mailed me. The latter, along with acpidump output,
was largely used to craft the driver.

Each of the winners is receiving a copy of this message and is invited
to direct me as to where to send their US$50. If I don't hear from them,
then donations in their name will be made to the FreeBSD foundation
(eventually) along with the US$100 won by Cameron Grant in the first
challenge.

I think the prize money for the next one of these will go up a bit, as
having to split US$100 is a little cheap, I think.