Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:42:05 -0700
From:      Manfred Antar <mantar@netcom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, toor@dyson.iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You will need to recompile your libc and apps!!!

At 11:59 AM 4/21/97 -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
>> There is no need to build a new libc to build a new ld.  Bootstrap
>> using something like `cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld; make; su ...; make
>> install; exit'.
>
>You have the dependency order reversed.  There is a need to build a
>new ld to build a new libc.  There's a need for a full gcc tree to
>get a new ld.
>
>There is a need to build a new libc to build a new mount, or to build
>to include the vfork/pipe changes John Dyson made to libc.

I Did a make world Sunday with current sources and X doesn't work any more
if i use a libc from last thurs (4/17/96) it works.kernel is also current
although and old kernel doesn't make a difference.all seemed to work well
till Sunday when i did make world from X and shut down.All i get is a
X screen with nothing else.
	Any ideas
Thanks Manfred
|    mantar@netcom.com         |