Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:13:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proper nfs /usr/src sharing

As a followup, I'm trying mounting /usr/src and /usr/obj onto a remote
machine after doing a "make buildworld" on the nfs server machine.

I tried the option in the /usr/src/Makefile of "make reinstall" and "make
install" and they both choke on a missing
/usr/src/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h file.  It doesn't exist, so I cvsupp-ed
again today, and it's still not there.  And to add to my confusion, when I
look in /usr/include/rpcsrv on the server machine, I see it hasn't been
installed there for quite some time either:

-|super-g|-$ ls -al /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.
klm_prot.h  klm_prot.x
-|super-g|-$ ls -al /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h
-r--r--r--  1 bin  bin  1844 Mar 25 09:36 /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.h
-|super-g|-$ ls -al /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.x
-r--r--r--  1 bin  bin  3691 Mar 25 09:36 /usr/include/rpcsvc/klm_prot.x

I must be on the wrong track...  I would really love to just stay -stable
on one machine and then nfs mount the others (about 12 at this point) and
just run through the install step.

Thanks,

Charles