Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 10:23:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Thanh Khuu <thankhuu@cco.caltech.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation problem

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Thanh Khuu wrote:

>   I am trying to install FreeBSD under Windows95 and so far have been
> unsuccessful.  It reboots, but then goes into the 95 boot sequence
> instead.  Is there something that I should know?  Oh by the way, I am

Do you mean that you put the floppy into the floppy drive, reboot the
computer, and then it goes into the Win95 boot sequence?  Or do you mean
that you have FreeBSD installed onto your hdd, have booteasy installed, and
that your computer boots Win95 even if you press [F2] or whatever for
FreeBSD?

If you mean that your computer boots Windows 95 even if you have the
FreeBSD boot floppy in, then you should check your boot sequence.  The
`A' drive should be checked first, then the `C' drive.

If you have installed from the floppy fine, there are a number of other
problems that could be biting you.  I can never keep them or their
solutions straight, but in lue of anyone who can responding, you might try
installing OSBS (from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/).

> trying to use a totally separate hard drive for FreeBSD instead of a
> partition on C:, should I do something different for this?

IDE or SCSI?  Is there another DOS partition on the second drive, or is
it just purely for FreeBSD?

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk