Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:42:19 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath0 issue

On Sunday 12 November 2006 17:32, Lamont Granquist wrote:
> i saw the same behavior where tx packets would tend to
> spool up and buffer. =A0here's the output of one second
> where a bunch of spooled up packets were sent alont with
> the previous second and following second and with a note
> on how long it had been before any ath*tx* routine had
> been called. =A0hopefully this is useful for debugging --
> i've got copious amounts of debugging logs, so let me
> know if i've guessed wrongly about what is relevant...

yes and when you then look at athstats you probably see the=20
tx buffer is filled up until the interface stops=20
transmitting sooner or later

It seems to me that the tx buffer never becomes empty=20
anymore when the interface raised once "tx stopped because=20
out of txbuffer" until it then completly stops tx, if you=20
are present when it happens you can get it back with=20
ifconfig down/up but when you are late you need to reset it=20
or reboot. It does not matter how high you set the=20
ath.txbuf

it seems the problem comes up later when setting higher=20
values for dev.ath.0.acktimeout and dev.ath.0.ctstimeout=20
but I am still testing

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o