Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:09:15 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        Greg <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppbus problems

On Thu, Oct 02, 1997 at 12:59:35PM -0400, User Gp wrote:
>because it's close to my parallel port and
>
>	WINBOND W83877F                 WINBOND W25P022AF6
                ^^^^^^^
		here it is!

I'm working on w83877 detection/configuration. Yet, try to force EPP mode
with flag 0x3... this may avoid some timing problems.

>ppc0 at 0x278 irq 12 flags 0x1 on isa
>ppc0: Generic chipset in NIBBLE mode
>plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus 0
>nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
>nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port
>ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
>vpo0: <Adaptec aic7110 scsi> on ppbus 0
>scbus0 at vpo0 bus 0
>sd0 at scbus0 target 6 lun 0
>sd0: <IOMEGA ZIP 100 D.13> type 0 removable SCSI 2
>sd0: Direct-Access
>sd0: UNIT ATTENTION asc:28,0
>sd0:  Not ready to ready transition, medium may have changed
>862MB (196608 4592 byte sectors)

I suspect data corruption... Please, try without any disk inside the drive
during boot. Try fdisk once the system is started (without any disk either),
you should get "medium not present" error. Then try with a disk inserted.

I've noticed in one of your other mails that vpo driver hangs when it requests
the ppbus (I remember [ppbreq])... I'm working on some ioctls that would
allow us to query the state of the bus and debug it more efficiently.

--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org