Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 99 21:27:19
From:      "William Christensen" <wchriste@sk.sympatico.ca>
To:        "support@cdrom.com" <support@cdrom.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD will not locate my  CDROM

Dear Sir:

I am a first time purchaser of FreeBSD (invoice 03992027) and I am having trouble
getting my SCSI driven CDROM to be reconized.

The CDROM is a SCSI 2x Toshiba brand that is running off of a AIC 6360 SCSI
controller (that in turn is part of a 16bit SoundBlaster card).  The AIC6360 is at port 0x340
and its IRQ is 11.  The AIC 6360/Toshiba CDROM combination is able to run perfectly
on OS/2 Warp v3.

If I am reading the "Complete FreeBSD" correctly, it seems the the probe should find
the AIC6360 and then load up the code for the Toshiba CDROM.  But it dosn't..

After the "config utility"  is  complete I press the scrolllock and page up.  No where can I
find where the "config utility" probed port 0x340 nor can can I find a "aic0" entry.

When it come time to down load the FreeBSD software off of the CDROM the "config
utility" said that it could not find a CDROM drive.

I am using the 2xfloppy/CDROM combination to get  FreeBSD on the system.

Any help in getting my CDROM reconized would be appreciated.

Thanks

William