Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:35:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Doug Young wrote:

Thanks, guys, but your answers didn't relate to my
question, much [Grin].

sendmail is configured and working fine, though it's a bit of
a mystery (to me, my Unix Mentor/AIX Systems Engineer has it all
figured out -- I think) why "smtp.concentric.net" works for out-
going mail in Pine, but does _not_ work in the DS macro, i.e.,
"DSsmtp.concentric.net" in /etc/sendmail.cf (I'm running 3.2).

Instead, that entry had to be changed to "DSmailhub.concentric.net"
in order to get _mail_, working from the _command line_.

To be explicit, a mail "session" looks something
like the following:

%mail freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject: Hey, Guys!
How do you get mail to send the same
letter to ten people listed in a file?

Thanks.

Duke
.
EOT
%The message above is on it's way, and mail has returned
me to the command line. Mail has a lot of capability,
but I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to
use some of the more useful features of it.

Thanks.
(And I will be having a look at that web site, shortly.)

Duke