Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        DDSI1 <DDSI1@aol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix communications

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, DDSI1 wrote:

> Help!!
>
> I'm a MIS major in a jam.  I have a paper due tomorrow detailing how to
> connect two Unix servers (one in Miami and one in Chicago).  So far, I have
> two V.34 modems connected by a voice grade leased line.....if you can reply in
> very short order I would very, very much appreciate it.  Thanks.

Did you want help connecting the servers or did you want us to write
your paper for you? The former can be done in this forum but we need
more info.

Are these servers FreeBSD servers? Are these servers connected to the
internet at large or just to the leased line? Can you get the modems to
dial? Once you do get the servers physically connected, what sort of
data communications/services will you be running? What networking
protocols will you use?

And the ever motherly question, "How long have you know about this
paper?"

Are you an MIS major at "aol.com" university?

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html