Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:11:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
Cc:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE drive recommendations? [Summary]

>>>>> "Vince" == Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:

 Vince> On 29-Mar-99 The Classiest Man Alive wrote:
 >> I've had decent experiences with IBM, Maxtor, and Quantum drives (in order

 Vince> an IDE should be fine.  I just installed the 7200RPM IBM
 Vince> 10.1GB drive in a customer's machine so I can't guess on how
 Vince> well it's gonna hold up but I've  abused IBM drives in the

Gregory Benjamin:
 >IBM 14GXP
 >This is a 7200 RPM drive with 14+ GB capacity.

Alex Sel'kov:
 >Definitely IBM. All other HD vendors have innaceptible drive quality
 >in past two years. Just in a few last weeks "drug'n'drop" in trash
 >two Quantum

Seems like a pretty definite vote for IBM espcially the IBM 14GXP
(10GB or 14.4GB) drives.

Thanks guys.

Viren
--
Viren Shah                    | "You can't trust code that you did not totally
Research Associate, RST Inc.  | create yourself. (Especially code from