Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:31:06 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [phantom@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/java/jdk14 Makefile pkg-plist ports/java/jdk14/files patch-UNIXProcess_md.c.bsd]

In the last episode (Oct 29), Alexey Zelkin said:
> phantom     2003/10/29 00:20:59 PST
>
>   FreeBSD ports repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     java/jdk14           Makefile pkg-plist
>   Added files:
>     java/jdk14/files     patch-UNIXProcess_md.c.bsd
>   Log:
>   . Add fix for "runaway process" problem.  It should fix of stalled
>     processes problem for people who use Runtime.getRuntime.exec() method
>     and related things.  Least five people reported that this patch fixed
>     problem for them.
>
>     IMPORTANT: I'd also suggested to all jdk14 users who runs FreeBSD 4.x
>     and use libc_r at FreeBSD 5.x to upgrade.

jhb just committed a patch to -current that fixes a bug where a SIGPROF
timer (i.e. libc_r's thread scheduling signal) would continue to fire
in the client process after a fork.  You might want to check and see if
you can reproduce your bug with a new -current.  Your patch will still
be needed for 4.9, of course.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com