Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:41:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   uscanner and ppbus0 webcam

During boot, a number of devices are recognized.  Does this mean I do not
necessarily need drivers for them?  What is the connection there?  My
webcam is a Creative Webcam II parallel and my scanner is a Canon CanoScan
N650U USB flatbed but to date I've been unable to get either to work on
FreeBSD.  I don't own a printer (lpt0).

From `dmesg | egrep -e '(uscanner|ppbus)'` here's the info I get:

Preloaded elf module "uscanner.ko" at 0xc0560680.
uscanner0: Canon CanoScan, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /PS2/ECP/EPP
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera> MEDIA CPIA_1-20
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

Really appreciate some leading ideas,
--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services