Date:      31 Jan 1999 00:26:31 -0500
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB drivers

Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com> writes:

> At 04:28 PM 1/30/99 , Jason Thorpe wrote:
> It's unfortunate FreeBSD does
> not have a PPC port (not even in the works I don't think), because I'd
> imagine it'd perform rather well.

Not sure I can agree about the performance, however, Apple's MacOS X Server
(that name *REALLY* sucks... I see it and keep thinking of an X server),
their marketting department's new name for Rhapsody, is essentially 4.4 BSD
on top of a Mach microkernel.

Apple is supposed to be working with the various BSD folk, and swapping some
code back and forth.

I think they are currently taking orders on their web site.

Tennon has MachTen, which is also a BSD port to PowerMac.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;