Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 17:04:49 GMT
From:      aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Long pauses at startup

What can it be the problem with my 2.0.5-RELEASE system, if I have to
wait for about one minute before the route_multicast line of sysconfig
is executed, and about 3.5 minutes for route_localhost ?

I have set host.conf to look first at hosts file, then DNS, and set
entries for localhost & myhost.mydomain is /etc/hosts.
This host is the DNS primary (and only) server for my subnet, so I
think the hosts stuff is right: at startup named is not still running.

Thanks in advance for your help

Angelo Turetta.
System Administrator - STYLO S.r.l. - Bologna
aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
100014.1757@compuserve.com