Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2000 14:29:41 -0500
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@commercialmovers.com>
To:        Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPNAT - One more time - [More Info This Time]

> What you seem to be doing is trying to run your internal
> network and your external network on the same physical
> network cables.  This can be done, but it can open you to a
> lot of network traffic, and if you ever make a configuration
> error, you can open your internal network to some nasty
> things, via an invasion of your P130.  So, my advice is to
> isolate your internal network from your pipeline using
> separate hardware.  Even the the P130 is acting as your
> firewall, you can do a lot more sophisticated things with
> your FreeBSD box for firewall and network protection.

Your pretty much right about the situation.  For the time being (and
mostly for testing purposes) I want to run the internal and external
addresses on the same physical wire.  When I've managed to get the
entire thing running, and running well I plan to move the FBSD box
directly between the P130 and the internet.  I still however can't
figure out why I'm having problems accessing the box from the internal
network.

As usual, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Jim