Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:46:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Logging POP3

Create a qpopper.conf file and then change your inetd to look something
like this:

pop3s stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/qpopper qpopper -f /usr/local/etc/qpopper/qpopper-pop3s.conf

Then in qpopper.conf put:

set log-facility = local1

Then in syslog.conf make it look something like this:

*.notice;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err;local1.none	/var/log/messages
local1.*						/var/log/qpopper.log

You will also want to add an entry to /etc/newsyslog.conf to get the logs
rotated.

-philip