Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:04:41 +0000
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libreoffice-legacy vs libreoffice?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:06:21 +0400, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> Heino Tiedemann wrote on 25.08.2011 01:57:
>> Hi,
>>
>> whats the difference between libreoffice-legacy and libreoffice?
>>
>> Freshports says: "Add libreoffice-legacy port for those with
>> problems
>> upgrading"
>>
>> ??
>>

>> What doas the legacy ports, waht the libreoffice does not?
>>
>> Heino
>
> legacy     - libreoffice 3.3.x
> non-legacy - libreoffice 3.4.x
>
> You may consult libreoffice.org documentation about the differences.

To be a bit more specific.

We decided to follow upstream why will support two version of the
libreoffice at the sametime.
legacy which is the previous stable version and the current stable
version.

And because we mess up with libreoffice 3.4 we decided to applicate
this rule now.

see my previous mail "Libreoffice plan" sent to this list yesterday.

Bapt