Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 12:45:29 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody using netns?

Terry Lambert writes:
> > Unless someone else is both currently using this code /and/ willing to
> > maintain it for us (which includes at a minimum eliminating the kernel
> > compilation warnings), it will be nuked in a day or so.
> >
> > Speak now or forever hold your peace!
>
> Why remove things that are optional, but not present by default?

Tree bloat.  Why not make things 'smaller' given that the things that
make it bigger are useless (un-maintained, un-compilable, etc..) given
that the sources to those objects are still publically available in the
CVS tree to anyone who is interested in them.

Obviously it's more difficult to look at them now, but should the
majority of the people using the system by 'penalized' (wasting their
disk space, etc..) to allow access to old, stale code?

(My answer is in agreement with Garrett.  Remove it!)

Nate