Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:30:17 GMT
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/162862: DESTDIR environment variable setting is not correct for apache22

The following reply was made to PR docs/162862; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To: pirat sriyotha <jotawski@gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/162862: DESTDIR environment variable setting is not correct
 for apache22
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:25:32 +0200

 Hi,

 The example is not specific to apache22 or in fact any specific web
 server. You don't have to use apache to serve FreeBSD web pages. The
 /usr/local/www is used as a common preference (or hint) as /usr is the
 largest partition on most FreeBSD systems following the default
 installation scheme. You are supposed to know how to install / configure
 a web server and adapt these instructions to your specific installation.
 IMHO, if we add apache specific information to this section we will also
 have to add more sections describing  basic configuration for serving
 the pages (like setting DocumentRoot, encoding etc.). I believe these
 are out of scope for this document.

 Best,
 Manolis