Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 03:27:04 -0400
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-Rc, UserPPP and gatewaying???? mystery to me.

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

> oh well. One keeps trying I suppose. There's something there I'm missing.
> In summary:
> Everything connects fine, just the 4.3 isn't exchanging packets from the ppp
> interface with the rest of the network.

Biggest thing everyone forgets - make sure that you have packet forwarding
turned on...  If I remember correctly, this can be done with a sysctl value,
or (the normal way) by defining IPFIREWALL_FORWARD in your kernel config
file.  After that, it's usually just a matter of making sure your firewall
rules allow the appropriate packet-passing.

Details upon request - I'm too tired to think about it now...

mike

(Oh, yea - set 'gateway_enable="YES"' in /etc/rc.conf - important!)

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--