Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to Get Source from CD CVS Repository

I'm trying to use the second cdrom of the 2.2.6-RELEASE distribution
to put sources on the hard drive.

I have set the environmental variable CVSROOT to /cdrom/CVSROOT

I created a supfile to use with cvsup, telling it to put the
files in /opt:

*default release=cvs
*default base=/opt/info
*default prefix=/opt

# Of these "host" options, none works.  When host=localhost, connection
is refused.

# *default host=/cdrom/CVSROOT
# *default host=$CVSROOT
# *default host=localhost
src-bin
tag=RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE

I tried using cvs, like this:
cd /opt/src
# that's where I want the stuff put
setenv CVSROOT /cdrom/CVSROOT
cvs checkout -d . -r RELENG_2_2_5_RELEASE src
but get various error messages--I think there's something I don't
understand about this.

So, what might the command line look like for doing this?

Thanks--

	Annelise

P.S. I know that I can use cvsup to get sources from the usual
servers and I do this regularly for -stable and -current; I just
want to be able to use the repository on the CD when getting
sources from the Internet is not possible.