Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:27:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        shocking@prth.pgs.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashing netscape?

On 22 Feb, Steve Hocking wrote:
> There was some discussion of this over on the XFree mailing lists, and it
> transpired that netscape was using a pointer to some memory that had been
> freed some time back. This showed up in cases where you open up a stack of
> windows and then close them at random. There was a patch to work around this
> for libXt (I think).

But this didn't solve the crash at exit. But...
  rm -rf /usr/lib/compat/*
  cd /usr/src/lib/compat/compat22/
  make all install clean
  cd ../compat3x.i386/
  make all install clean
solved this for me (YMMV).

Together with disabling Java* and using those
---snip---
Netscape*dragInitiatorProtocolStyle:    XmDRAG_NONE
Netscape*dragReceiverProtocolStyle:     XmDRAG_NONE
---snip---
Xresources I have a more stable Netscape.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  Key fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E