Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:07:37 -0400
From:      Anthony Jenkins <Anthony.B.Jenkins@att.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?5byg5pmT6Z2W?= <zhangxiaojing@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: =?UTF-8?B?562U5aSNOiDnrZTlpI06IOetlOWkjTog562U5aSNOiDnrZTlpI0=?= =?UTF-8?B?OiBNeSBsYXB0b3AgY2FuJ3QgcmVzdW1lIGZyb20gc3VzcGVuZC4=?=
References:  <BLU436-SMTP62EDBC36C40E7A96279D03A0EA0@phx.gbl> <CAN6yY1sieCOVmpXOcBvavh8-UB3=zQbP4vn2%2B%2B=Sq49VmCDtWw@mail.gmail.com> <BLU437-SMTP14CC6D27278DD1F2D7B9E5A0E90@phx.gbl> <53EE78ED.2030208@att.net> <BLU436-SMTP67343C48955DBE96365728A0DF0@phx.gbl> <53FB6011.3080509@att.net> <BLU436-SMTP892DD42195F92B9B0F0B63A0DC0@phx.gbl> <53FC7C2D.8030307@att.net> <BLU436-SMTP102BA89162018909041957EA0DC0@phx.gbl> <53FCA5B4.7020309@att.net> <BLU437-SMTP61EC4F3741B6E8B099E51CA0DD0@phx.gbl>

Well it was just something to try.  What make/model laptop is it?  Mine is an HP Envy 14.  With the patch it suspends/resumes, but the LCD backlight does not recover, so I have a black screen.  I can ssh(1) into the laptop and everything.  Can you jot down the laptop's IP address and, using another computer on the same network that has an ssh client, try to ssh into the computer (or even just try pinging it)?  If you can ssh into the laptop, run 'dmesg', capture the output and post to the mailing list.

Other things you can try:
  * hooking up an external monitor to the laptop and try suspend/resume again; my external monitor (HDMI) output works /somewhat/ after suspend/resume.
  * Ensure the VESA driver is not compiled into the kernel or loaded as a module.
  * Load the acpi_[hp|sony|asus|toshiba|ibm|fujitsu] driver for your laptop.

The fix for my laptop's backlight problem seems pretty involved, looks like it's solved in Linux and would take some effort to port to FreeBSD.

Anthony