Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 18:42:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        mdiez@ebrps.engr.subr.edu (Matthew Diez)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SLIP

> Well, I've gotten SL/IP to sort of work under FreeBSD 2.0...
> BUT, I can telnet to my remote host, but nowhere else
> "no route to host" messages...
> I'm not too knowledgable about either SL/IP or FreeBSD, BUT if anyone
> knows what should be done about this, the please tell

Here's a siple set of scripts I use to connet to a cisco terminal
server fro slip..
(notice I have to give 2 passwds one to log in and one to get slip)
This is a subdirectory of /etc.

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	slip
#	slip/slip
#	slip/slipinfo
#	slip/tfsdial.chat
#
echo c - slip
mkdir slip > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - slip/slip
sed 's/^X//' >slip/slip << 'END-of-slip/slip'
X#!/bin/sh
Xset -x
Xps ax |grep slattach |grep -v grep
Xpid=`ps ax |grep slattach |grep -v grep|awk '{print $1;}'`
Xif [ "X${pid}" != "X" ] ; then
X	echo 'killing slattach, PID=' ${pid}
X	kill ${pid}
Xfi
X. /etc/slip/slipinfo
Xchown root /dev/$DEVICE
Xchmod 666 /dev/$DEVICE
X(
X    stty $SLIPSPEED -tostop >/dev/null
X    if chat -v -f /etc/slip/tfsdial.chat
X    then
X	slattach -s $SLIPSPEED -c -h /dev/$DEVICE
X	ifconfig sl0 $OUR_IP_ADDR $REMOTE_IP_ADDR netmask $SLIP_NETMASK up
X	route add default $REMOTE_IP_ADDR
X	sleep 1
X	ping -c 3 $REMOTE_IP_ADDR
X	ntpdate mailhub
X	exit 0
X    else
X	echo "slip call failed" 1>&2
X	exit 1
X    fi
X) < /dev/$DEVICE  > /dev/$DEVICE
END-of-slip/slip
echo x - slip/slipinfo
sed 's/^X//' >slip/slipinfo << 'END-of-slip/slipinfo'
X#!/bin/sh
XLOCKDIR=/var/spool/uucp
XDEVICE=cua01
XPHONE=1234567
XSLIP_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
XSLIPSPEED=19200
XOUR_IP_ADDR=140.145.15.212
XREMOTE_IP_ADDR=140.145.15.11
END-of-slip/slipinfo
echo x - slip/tfsdial.chat
sed 's/^X//' >slip/tfsdial.chat << 'END-of-slip/tfsdial.chat'
XABORT "NO CARRIER"
XABORT BUSY
XABORT "NO DIALTONE"
X"" ATZ