Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:13:02 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>, Beau <beau@dentedreality.com.au>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Documentation

On 2001-01-31 02:26 -0500, Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday January 30, 2001 20:32, Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> > However, people don't seem to be noticing this, nor do they notice
> > the text at the front of the Handbook, and other docs, which explains
> > this as well.  At this point, I'd welcome suggestions for ways to
> > make this information more obvious.
>
> Making an one document html version available right there like the FAQ
> does would be good.
> 	As long as we are being pedantic and trying to make it easier than
> easy, I think this would help:

[..]

> 	If you would prefer to have a hard copy of the handbook, you can
> purchase one at the FreeBSD Mall. You may also want to Search the
> Handbook.

I like your changes, with one nit. The FreeBSD Handbook is a project
document, and not affiliated with BSDi. There are several other places
where hardcopies of the FreeBSD Handbook may be purchased, including the
Daemon News Mall [1], Amazon, and FatBrain. Therefore, the second quoted
portion above should say something more like this:

=====

You may want to search the Handbook.

If you would prefer to read a hardcopy version of the Handbook,
you can purchase one at one of many online stores.  Your library
should also have one, so request it if they don't.

=====

[1] With which I'm affiliated.  Here's the product link:
http://mall.daemonnews.org/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=654

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    Computing is a terminal addiction.
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org