Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:20:46 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Lance Bland <lbland@vvi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splitting mac .hqx file to fit on two disks (and reassmbling?)

lance lumbered,

> On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 09:01 AM, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > I need to bring a 1.9m hqx file home for the kids' mac (nethack, of
> > course :)

> > I need to find something that lets me split it under freebsd in a way
> > that the mac can reassemble it (and my mack knowledge is long out of
> > date--ppc indeed :)

> Upgrade your mac to Mac OS X, which is, essentially, FreeBSD based.

well, uhh, yeah, but . . .  :)

This one is fairly early power pc.  I think it has 32M to go with the
single 1G drive.  This one just ain't gonna see MacOS X.   NetBSD,
maybe, if I find a stray scsi drive, but . . .
And

> then use the "split" command from the Unix Terminal Window (and then cat
> to cat them together on mac os x):

yeah, split is easy.  BUt with OS X not an option, I still need a way
to cat it back together. . . .

:)

hmm, bzip2 recduced it to 1.26M.  Now if I can find a bunzip2 mac . .

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail