Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:07:10 -0700
From:      Douglas Campbell <dcampbell@dgsystems.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   logitech serial mouse not working on com 1 but working fine in windows

>From what I can gather from the site, setting this up for X-Windows
should be very straightforward. Unfortunately not for me.

Question: ls -l /dev/cuaa0 tells me that com 1 is a dialer or a member.
Is this a problem?
Question: I linked /dev/mouse to /dev/sysmouse to /dev/cuaa0.  Is this
off the mark?
Question: What bearing does /etc/sysconfig have on my success or failure
with the mouse?
Question:  If my mouse is logitech serial why microsoft in X? why
mousesystems in X?  (I've tried all types of mice in XF86Setup, the
mouse does not move at all ever).
Question: What files need to be edited to enable the mouse?
Question:  I rebuilt my kernel the other night.  Was there anything
special I should have done to enable my mouse?
Question:  Should the mouse work at all outside of X?

If any one is kind enough, I'd be happy to attach config files with
e-mail for trouble shooting this problem.  Sorry for the barrage of
questions but I'd like to get this small but hugely annoying detail out
of the way.

My system is all scsi, cycrix 686 pr150+, 2.0 gig 1/2 freebsd, internal
modem 32 mb ram,
logitech three button serial mouse.

Thanks for your help.