Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:30:34 -0400
From:      "Haapanen, Tom" <tomh@waterloo.equitrac.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: amd64 as an X desktop?

Peter,

Do you know whether anyone has tried a Tyan K8S (I think this is an AMD 8000
chipset)?  Any chance of SMP support in the near future?

K8S has a Broadcom BCM5704C Ethernet chip, ATI Rage XL video and Promise
PDC2037x S/ATA RAID.  Plus optionally LSI 53C1030 U320 SCSI.

Is there any point considering building a machine around this board?

Thanks ...

Tom