Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:47:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leonini <freebsd-mobile@leonini.ch>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/2 touchpad not detected without mouse

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my laptop, and I haven't
found a response searching on the web and the mailing-
lists archive.

I have a laptop (Mitac 6120N) with a Synaptics
touchpad. Normally this kind of touchpad are recognized
like a ps/2 mouse. I have no problem under windows or
Linux with it. But on FreeBSD, to detect the psm0 at
the kernel boot, I need to have a real ps/2 mouse
plugged on the laptop. If not, psm0 is not detected,
the rest of the boot is the same. After the boot, i can
remove the external ps/2 mouse and the touchpad work
(it works too with the external mouse plugged).

I have try to recompile the kernel with some keyboard
and mouse flags, but the result is always the same. No
change in the bios have given a solution.

I hope anybody else has already had this kind of
problem, and has solved it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks, reguards.

PS anticipated: I'm not subscribed to this mailing
list, please send me a CC.

Leonini