Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:00:41 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems configuring Vadem VG-469 PCMCIA controller.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 12:38:59PM -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> Hi dave :)
>
> Dave Belfer-Shevett <shevett@stonekeep.com> probably said:
> > unknown0: <ACTIONTEC PNP PCMCIA ADAPTER> at port 0x3e0-0x3e1 on isa0
> >
> > I have this in my kernel config file:
> >
> > device          pcic0   at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
> >
> > I've tried changing the IRQ around by altering this line in the kernel
> > file, to no avail.
> >
> > Any suggestions?  Please?  :)
>
> Have you tried just;
>   device	pcic0 at isa?
> ?
>
> If pcic isn't picking it up it might be because the pcmcia controller
> isn't supported ...

And there is a chance that pcic may be able to work either in polling mode
(device pcic0 at isa?) or on a completely different IRQ. In some laptops
IRQ 10 11 are shared between many devices (USB, Soundcard, etc.) and you
end up with pcic not seeeing the interrupts. On my laptop i have used IRQ 9
for the pcic and i have never been able to make USB to work.

--
Michel Talon