Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:04:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hans Zaunere <zaunere@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   select kevent aio_read

Hello,

I am new to this level of programming so please bare
with me.  I am curious as the differences between
kevent and select and when to use either one.  After
reading the man pages, they seem to provide about the
same functionality.  What advantages do each have, and
why would one choose one over the other?  Also I am
confused as to the purpose of aio_read and family.

Any explanation, links or code samples would be great.

Thank you,

Hans
zaunere@yahoo.com