Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 11:07:06 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Bart Trzynadlowski <btrzynadlowski@powernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: prompt in csh and terminals

On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 at 17:42:56 -0700, Bart Trzynadlowski wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I have three simple questions.
>
> 1) How can I set the prompt in csh and sh so that it reflects the
>    current path... in zsh I got it working so it now looks like:
>
>    /home/btrzynadlowski%

Not sure about this one.  I don't use csh or sh much so I don't bother
changing the prompt on either of those.  Hopefully someone else will

> 2) Is there a way to add more console terminals? All I have is 3
>    right now: ttyv0, ttyv1, ttyv2. Can I add 2 or more of these so I
>    can have ttyv3, ttyv4.

Yes, you can.  Instructions on how to do it are in the FAQ at
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ150.html#150

> 3) Where can I find out how to create snoop (SNP) devices to watch
>    other consoles? Couldn't find much in the man pages.

You need to compile the snoop device into the kernel.  Add this to
your kernel config and recompile..

	pseudo-device   snp     3

The watch(8) man page will be helpful too.

Hope this helps,

--
- Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -
- work: http://www.ghis.net/ - personal: http://www.ghis.net/~jim/ -