Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 22:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mark Stout <mcs@vpm.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone get cmu-snmp2 to compile on FreeBSD?

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Mark Stout wrote in message ID
> <199606212115.OAA22977@vpm.com>:
> > Anyone get cmu-snmp2 to compile on FreeBSD?  I know there needs to be some
> > tweaking, but I thought I'd save myself some time.
>
> ``Some'' being the under-statement of the year :-( I have a semi-port
> done for UCD-SNMP (based on CMU's code).
>
> To get the base distribution:
>
> 	ftp.ece.ucdavis.edu:/pub/snmp/ucd-snmp.tar.gz
>
> Patch file:
>
> 	ftp.ki.net:/pub/users/scrappy/ucd-snmp.3.1-diffs.gz
>
> (hope marc has used the new patches I sent recently). It's something
> I'd like to get into the ports before 2.1.5 goes out the door
> ... we'll see.

	Done...and running.  I took your advanced and setup SNMPV2AUTH...
but how do I use it now :(  Anyone know anythign abotu SNMP that can tell
me how to do an snmpwalk with V2AUTH setup?  Gotta pick up that book *sigh*

	Other then that, I'll put a full cdiff up at the above location
between teh base ucd-snmp.tar..gz and the most recent version I'm running
here (ie. with Gary's patches) in the next 15 minutes or so...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org