Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:05:43 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Kirill Ponomarew <krion@voodoo.oberon.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: pkg-plist strict enforcement starting

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 10:55:31PM +0100, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 01:08:36PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > For the past month I've been sending warnings to maintainers of ports
> > that have broken pkg-plists (i.e. leave behind files after
> > deinstallation).  Now that we've passed the 4.11-RELEASE freeze, it's
> > a good time to take this to the next level and begin phasing in strict
> > enforcement of pkg-plist correctness.
>=20
> p5-*, ruby-* and xemacs-* maintainers should pay more attention to
> these ports' plists since many of them are b0rked on the cluster at
> the moment.

Yeah.  The "extra files" page still has some false positives and cases
where I'm not sure whether to add the shared directories to
BSD.foo.dist, though.  I have reported to the relevant maintainers all
other ports that will soon become broken though, so they have had
ample time to avoid that situation.

Kris

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--