Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:27:55 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Lee Weng Seng" <wseng@cyberway.com.sg>
Cc:        "Michel Talon" <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why run FreeBSD on a laptop?

> My sweet puppy is a 3500 too and running on fbsd 3.4.
>
> Maybe this question sounds odd but why would anyone want to run fbsd on a
> laptop? As for me, I use it as a test machine for web server to resides,
> while I beg for more money for an entry level PowerEdge.

That's an interesting question, and I'm sure you'll get a slew of
different answers.  For me:

 - I don't use anything other than FreeBSD for "real" work, so it makes
   sense that my laptop should run it.
 - The only mail clients that I like run under FreeBSD (or other *nix
   systems).

A better answer might be the question "why would I want to run anything
else on it"?