Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:19:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Richard Dunham <Richard_Dunham@iwv.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network Card change.

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Richard Dunham wrote:
>      The freebsd server is configued to work with a 3c509C card.
>      Due to a bad BNC port I have changed the card and inserted a
>      new 3C509C card.
>
>      During a boot -c, I enter config mode, probe the card, and continue
>      booting.  The probe finds the card, but the OS reports EP0 not found.

If I recall correctly the 3c509 needs to be software configured
in DOS first.  Configure it to match the ep0 default settings,
or configure it to work correctly in your system and change the
ep0 settings to match by booting with -c.

The probes just test the memory locations, not the interrupts so
it is possible for them to see a mis-configured card.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com