Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 03:49:54 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Markus Holmberg <saska@acc.umu.se>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to remove directories made by the core-following-symlink test code?

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 03:23:16AM +0200, Markus Holmberg wrote:
> Wanted to test if the 2.2.8-STABLE production box here was vulnerable, so I
> compiled and executed with the deep dir structure as a result..
>
> Am I missing something very trivial here, or how am I supposed to do to
> remove the very deep directory structure that was made by the
> core-follow-symlink test/exploit/whatever code?
>
> A normal "rm -rf <dir>" won't do it..

I had the same problem - my (quick) solution was something like
  while (true) do mv * a && cd a done

which would rename every directory to "a" (as every directory
contains only a single subdirectory), which then could be removed
with "rm -rf <dir>".

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet