Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:35:52 +1100
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        Nick LoPresti <nick@chromatix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using smbmount from the Samba package

Hey Nick,

<snip>
> Did I do something wrong somewhere?  The docs on the webpage said that
>the
> smbfs was only implemented for linux.  Does this mean that I am not
>going to
> be able to do this?  Please help if ya can!!!!   THANKS!!!!

No, you're correct - the web pages do say that smbmount only works on
Linux. I did hear a rumour earlier this year that someone in the Samba
project has started to look at making smbmount available to the other
implementations of Samba, but I've heard nothing so far.

There is a tool called 'Sharity Light' which uses the same syntax as
smbmount, except substitute 'shlight' for 'smbmount' in the man page ;')

Sharity Light is in the ports under 'Net' - well, it is on my 228
machine ;')

hth,

|-|