Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:30:56 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        To: ;
Subject:   For PCA200E microcode...

In order to not have anybody else get into the trouble I had getting
a PCA200E card to work, I asked for, and got the permission from
Marconi/Fore communications, to include the microcode in the FreeBSD
distribution in binary form.

Based on the emails I received I settled on version 3.0.1.

I hope this was the right choice, other wise: yell at me, not Fore :-)

Poul-Henning

In message <200002151320.FAA05507@freefall.freebsd.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp writ
es:
>phk         2000/02/15 05:20:59 PST
>
>  Modified files:
>    sbin/atm/fore_dnld   Makefile fore_dnld.8 fore_dnld.c
>  Added files:
>    sbin/atm/fore_dnld   COPYRIGHT pca200e.c
>  Log:
>  With the kind permission of Marconi Communications (Formerly "Fore Communication"
>  include a copy of the 3.0.1 firmware for the PCA200E card in the fore_dnld
>  program.
>
>  There are various and subtle compatibility issues between the hfa driver and
>  the microcode, this version is belived to work best.
>
>  If a file is specified on the command line it will be used instead of the
>  embedded image.
>
>  Approved by:		jkh
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.5       +2 -1      src/sbin/atm/fore_dnld/Makefile
>  1.3       +7 -2      src/sbin/atm/fore_dnld/fore_dnld.8
>  1.6       +114 -13   src/sbin/atm/fore_dnld/fore_dnld.c

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!