Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:52:34 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFilter question

Hi:
	I've read the ipf-howto whose URL was published in the list a
few month ago and used it to construt a FW. Everything was fine except
for:

	Using keep state with icmp doesn't allow traceroutes. The
solution I found was to let icmp types 0 and 11 in. Is this supposed
to work this way or I misconfigured something? Shouldn't `keep state' be
enough to let traceroute work?

	On one of the last chapters of the howto I found a very
interesting section on how to build and `invisible' FW using IPFilter
and bridging. The document stated it could be done with OpenBSD. Does
any body know if this can be done with FreeBSD?

	Thanks and kind regards!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.